Search Engine Optimization
New online companies have performed web searches using terms relevant to their business and have found their competitors at the top of the list. Search rankings is a key to securing new website visitors and the increased market share they bring.
Top search engine rankings are the product of carefully crafted page content, appropriate meta tags and competitive analysis of how your target audience thinks and searches, as well as other elements that all work together to create the weight search engines look for in their highest-ranked websites.
Edge WebNet Designs employs an SEO strategy that garners results in search engine optimization. We will work with you at a variety of service levels to help obtain top search rankings for desired keywords and search phrases, guided by the latest trends in the ever-changing world of search engines.
An effective SEO strategy is crucial to the success of an Internet company.
Without search engine optimization a website is basically invisible to a person searching the web. With it you can unlock the potential profitability of any website
- When using Java script drop down menus, image maps or image links, put text links somewhere on the page for the spiders to follow.
- Be sure to have good Content, well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase.
- Build a network of quality backlinks using your keyword phrase as the link. Remember, if there is no good, logical reason for that site to link to you, you don’t want the link.
- PageRank. It is just one small part of the ranking algorithm. A site with lower PR can actually outrank one with a higher PR.
- Have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site. And, if you have the name of your company in it, put it at the end. Unless you are a major brand name that is a household name, your business name will probably get few searches.
- Fresh content can help improve your rankings. Add new, useful content to your pages on a regular basis. Content freshness adds relevancy to your site in the eyes of the search engines.
- Be sure links to your site and within your site use your keyword phrase. In other words, if your target is “silver gadget” then link to “silver gadget” instead of a “Click here” link.
- Focus on search phrases, not single keywords, and put your location in your text (“our Boston area store” not “our store”) to help you get found in local searches.
- Don’t design your web site without considering SEO. Make sure your web designer understands your expectations for organic SEO. Doing a retrofit on your shiny new Flash-based site after it is built won’t cut it. Spiders can crawl text, not Flash or images.
- Use keywords and keyword phrases appropriately in text links, image ALT attributes and even your domain name.
Learn more about how we can assist improving your company website's visibility on the major search engines.